Kazpost views its corporate management system as a tool that secures the interests of the Sole Shareholder, builds the balanced system of relationships with all concerned parties and increases the effectiveness of the company activity.
The company adopted the Corporate Management Code, which document is a consolidation of rules and recommendations, the company follows in its activities for ensuring the highest level of business ethics in relationships inside the company and with other market participants.
The objectives of the mentioned Code are the improvement and systematization of the company corporate management system, introduction of more transparency of management and confirmation of the company’s readiness to follow all appropriate corporate management standards.
Body Structure and Competence
Supreme Body – Sole Shareholder
Administration Body - Board of Directors that performs the general administration of the company activity and control over Management Board;
Executive Body – Management Board that performs the day-to-day management of the company activity under the leadership of the Management Board Chairman
Internal Audit Service – the body that controls financial and economic activities of the company and produces evaluation, in furtherance to the internal control procedures, as well as manages risks and delivers consulting advice for the purpose of general improvement of the company activity.
The competence of enumerated bodies is established by the Kazpost Charter.
For the effective interaction with concerned parties, and in the light of ethical norms and legal regulations of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the company designed and approved the corporate Business Ethics Code (Board of Directors Minutes of the Meeting dated 7 July 2009 № 09/09).
Kazpost Business Ethics Code and Its Implementation Mechanisms
The Joint-Stock Company Kazpost Business Ethics Code was approved by a relevant decision of the Board of Directors
(Minutes of the Meeting dated 25 September 2009 № 15/09).
To ensure the due observation of the Business Ethics Code, and compliant to initiatives, measures and actions taken by the Sole Shareholder, the Board of Directors and the Management Board for implementation of the following tasks (please see below), Kazpost introduced in practice the institution of the Ombudsperson:
- Enhancement of interior control and risk management system;
- Ensuring that all company bodies and personnel follow the provisions of the Business Ethics Code;
- Enhancement of measures for prevention of regulation of corporate conflicts and conflicts of interests;
- Improvement of the company publicity.
By appropriate decision of the Board of Directors, the Kazpost Corporate Secretary was assigned the Kazpost Ombudsperson. The Kazpost Ombudsperson shall perform the following tasks:
- Ensure observation of the Kazpost Business Ethics Code by all authorized bodies, executive officers and private employees of the company; communicate the contents of same to said audiences;
- Render assistance to the Kazpost authorized bodies and executive officials in their work with the information regarding illegal actions committed in Kazpost;
- Render assistance to the Kazpost authorized bodies and executive officials in prevention and regulation of corporate conflicts and conflicts of interests.
The Board of Directors approved the following documents that had to be drafted and approved, for better compliance with the Business Ethics Code:
- Statutes Concerning Kazpost Ombudsman (Minutes of the Meeting dated 22 November 2010 № 13/10);
- Rules of Regulation/Settlement of Corporate Conflicts and Conflicts of Interests (Minutes of the Meeting dated 22 November 2010 № 13/10);
- Policy of Work With Communications Concerning Potential and Known Acts of Fraud, Abuse and other Offences Committed in Kazpost (Minutes of the Meeting dated 22 November 2010 № 13/10).
Company executive officials and private employees, as well as business partners and concerned parties shall be entitled to address the below bodies, for clarification of the provisions of the discussed Code and in connection with ethical issues, Code violation incidents, corruption and other offences:
- Heads of their structural divisions or higher executive officials, as well as Director of division responsible for legal support (for private employees);
- Ombudsperson or Commissioner assigned by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, to receive, store and process complaints incoming to Ombudsperson’s address or confidential e-mail address, in the absence of the Ombudsperson;
- Head of Internal Audit Service;
- Management Board Chairman;
- Company Board of Directors;
- Audit Committee Chairman.
The corporate internet site contains the hotline telephone number, Call-center contact details and feedbacks from the Board of Directors, Management Board Chairman and Ombudsperson. Information regarding procedures for submission of complaints and addresses is readily available from all Kazpost offices and stations.
All branches and corporate headquarters organize and implement workshops and training sessions, in the sphere of business ethics, cultured client communication and conflicts settlement.
Corporate headquarters and branches practice the quarterly examinations of the knowledge of the Business Ethics Code.
Employees and officials violating the provisions of the Kazpost Business Ethics Code shall bear disciplinary responsibility, in accordance with established procedures.
JSC Kazpost reports that during the period the post exchange on a site of the Kazakhstan-Chinese border in connection with celebration in the People's Republic of China Duanwu traditional holiday that can affect delivery periods of the mailings addressed from the People's Republic of China in RK from June 10 to June 12, 2013 will be temporarily suspended.